Sunday, October 31, 2010
1 package of caramels
1tbs. Almond extract
insert your wooden sticks in the stem of the apples.
Boil pan of water and roll apples in boiling water to remove the wax.
Melt the caramel on low heat and add the water and the extract
Roll the apples in the caramel and place on wax paper (i sprayed mine with non-stick) for about four minutes then roll into your favorite candy.
We used Snickers, Almonds, and a Heath.
Saturday, October 9, 2010
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup thawed frozon corn
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, chicken, beans, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and cheese. In a blender or food processor, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a 2 quart or larger sauce pan and stir in the couscous. Cover the pot and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, vinegar and cumin. Add green onions, red pepper, cilantro, corn and beans and toss to coat.
- Fluff the couscous well, breaking up any chunks. Add to the bowl with the vegetables and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve at once or refrigerate until ready to serve.